Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » Erasmus names strong squad for end of year European Tour
Sport

Erasmus names strong squad for end of year European Tour

Larson ThebeBy Larson Thebe1 month agoUpdated:1 month agoNo Comments5 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Siya Kolisi. Source: Gallo Images
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Springbok coach Rassie Erasmus said he has confidence in the 36-man squad that he named for the Castle Lager Outgoing Tour in November, that will face Ireland, France, Italy, Wales, and Japan. The squad includes debutant Zachary Porthen, who is a former Junior Springbok prop and captain, and four who are back in the Bok set-up for the first time this season. It comprises 21 forwards and 15 backline players, while the standby list features seven forwards, three backs and one wing.

“We are excited about the makeup of this squad. Most of the players in the group have been with us throughout the season, while others are back from injury or have done the job for us before in the last few years,” said Erasmus.

The Boks will face Japan in the first of five Tests on consecutive Saturdays at Wembley Stadium in London on 1 November, before lining up against France at Stade de France in Paris (8 November), Italy at the Allianz Stadium, Turin (15 November), Ireland at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin (22 November), and Wales at the Principality Stadium in Cardiff (29 November).

Erasmus said they expect to face five tough top-class opposition, in what he described as a longer tour than usual, “Ireland and France are currently ranked third and fourth in the world, while Italy, Wales, and Japan are in 10th, 12th and 13th place, and we’ve seen in the last few years that you cannot write off any team. Japan have beaten us before, Italy put up a good fight against us earlier this year in Pretoria, and Wales beat Japan, proving that they’re again on an upward trajectory, so it’s going to be a challenging tour,” said Erasmus.

Meanwhile, Springbok captain Siya Kolisi is in line to become only the ninth South African Test centurion on the tour after racking up his 98th Test cap in the team’s 29-27 victory against Argentina in their final Castle Lager Rugby Championship match at the Allianz Stadium, Twickenham.

The squad will depart for London in different groups on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.

Author

  • Larson Thebe
    Larson Thebe

    View all posts
Rugby South Africa
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Larson Thebe
  • Website

Related Posts

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

South Africa crush Wales 73-0 in Cardiff bloodbath

23 hours ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

By Tshegofatso Letsie1 hour ago3

As the country marks World Aids Day on 1 December, the North West provincial government…

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago

South Africa crush Wales 73-0 in Cardiff bloodbath

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.