Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

2 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

21 hours ago

South Africa crush Wales 73-0 in Cardiff bloodbath

21 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus
News

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

Silver SibiyaBy Silver Sibiya4 weeks agoNo Comments1,202 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Controversial North West businessman Brown Mogotsi has yet to file a formal complaint after his car was found riddled with bullets on Mdhlebe Street, Vosloorus Extension 25, on Monday night. Picture: Silver Sibiya
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Controversial North West  businessman Brown Mogotsi has yet to show up at the Vosloorus Police Station to open a case following what he claimed was an attempted shooting last night prompting suspicion that the incident may have been staged.

Residents of Vosloorus Extension 25 near the N3 reported hearing gunshots around 10 p.m. on Monday. When they arrived at the scene, they found a Chevrolet with broken windows and open doors but no blood, no injuries, and no sign of a struggle.

“There is no one hurt or any blood stains in the car,” said one witness. “Even the man dropped off by City Golf, who we were told was Brown Mogotsi, wasn’t injured.”

Another witness described seeing the man allegedly identified as Mogotsi exit his car and fire shots at his own vehicle while on a phone call. “At the time, we didn’t even know it was him. We only recognized him when he introduced himself,” the witness said.

SAPS spokesperson Brigadier Athlenda Mathe confirmed the case is being treated as an attempted murder investigation, with forensic, ballistic, and criminal experts involved.

Mathe added that police expected Mogotsi to open a formal case at 8 a.m, but as of 1 p.m., he had still not arrived.

“We need Mr. Mogotsi’s statement to help us ascertain what really happened,” Mathe said.

Addressing speculation that the incident may have been staged, Mathe warned such claims could “defeat the ends of justice”, emphasising that top investigators had been deployed to examine the scene.

This is a developing story.

Author

  • Silver Sibiya
    Silver Sibiya

    View all posts
Awareness Crime Featured Government Politics Top News
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Silver Sibiya
  • Website

Related Posts

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

2 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

21 hours ago

Four arrested at OR Tambo for allegedly recruiting South Africans to join the Russia-Ukraine war

1 day ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

By Silver Sibiya2 hours ago2

Survivors of the deadly Usindiso Building fire are taking the City of Johannesburg to court,…

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

21 hours ago

South Africa crush Wales 73-0 in Cardiff bloodbath

21 hours ago

Four arrested at OR Tambo for allegedly recruiting South Africans to join the Russia-Ukraine war

1 day ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.