Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

40 minutes ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

22 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » Judge Mokgoatlheng tells advocate to “shut up” as Senzo Meyiwa Trial descends into chaos
News

Judge Mokgoatlheng tells advocate to “shut up” as Senzo Meyiwa Trial descends into chaos

newsnote correspondentBy newsnote correspondent3 days agoNo Comments9 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Judge Mokgoatlheng silences advocate at Senzo Meyiwa murder trial.
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Dramatic scenes unfolded in the Senzo Meyiwa murder trial on Thursday when Judge Ratha Mokgoatlheng lost patience with warring legal teams, bluntly ordering defence advocate Charles Mnisi to “shut up” during a heated clash over evidence disclosure.

The outburst came after defence lawyers accused state prosecutor Advocate George Baloyi of failing to properly share a Primrose police station cell register before introducing it as evidence. Baloyi insisted the document had been shown and the defence showed no interest – a claim the defence vehemently disputed.

“I am shocked at the behaviour of advocates. They are behaving like children,” an exasperated Judge Mokgoatlheng said, before silencing Mnisi’s attempt to respond with: “You shut up, you shut up. I am making the remarks.”

Red VW Golf contradiction adds fuel to the fire Defence advocate Sipho Ramosepele earlier exposed what he called a glaring inconsistency in the state’s version: Prosecutor Baloyi had told a witness the red Volkswagen Golf driven by Sergeant Batho Mogola was damaged in a June 2020 accident – yet Brigadier Bongani Ginindza testified the same vehicle was routinely used to transport accused number one, Muzi Sibiya, to court.

Further objections over witness statement Tensions escalated again when Baloyi referred to a statement containing an address at Basotho hostel. Mnisi objected, arguing the state must first prove the document belonged to the witness before cross-examining on its contents – prompting Baloyi to point out the defence had previously done the same without complaint.

The extraordinary public dressing-down of senior counsel highlights growing frustration in a trial plagued by delays, non-disclosure allegations and evidentiary disputes more than 11 years after the Orlando Pirates and Bafana Bafana captain was shot dead in 2014.

The Senzo Meyiwa trial continues.

Author

  • newsnote correspondent

    View all posts
Awareness Crime Featured Government Politics Soccer Top News
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
newsnote correspondent

Related Posts

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

40 minutes ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

22 hours ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

By Tshegofatso Letsie40 minutes ago3

As the country marks World Aids Day on 1 December, the North West provincial government…

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

22 hours ago

South Africa crush Wales 73-0 in Cardiff bloodbath

22 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.