Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

6 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » Boks coach makes seven changes for All Blacks clash
Sport

Boks coach makes seven changes for All Blacks clash

Tshegofatso LetsieBy Tshegofatso Letsie6 September 2024No Comments5 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Following the delay in the squad announcement on Tuesday, Springboks coach Rassie Erasmus has made about seven changes in the team that will face the All Blacks in the second leg of the Rugby Championship Test on Saturday at the DHL Stadium in Cape Town. 

The 23-man squad consists of Boks captain, Siya Kolisi who has recovered from a facial injury he sustained at the Ellis Park Stadium last week. 

The starting 15 features about 13 players who were part of the 2023 World Cup final in Paris, France, against New Zealand, where the Bokke won the match 12-11. 

It includes team Captain, Siya Kolisi, Cheslin Kolbe, Eben Etzebeth, Ox Nche and Handre Pollard positioned at fly-half amongst others. 

Additionally, Vincent Koch and Malcom Marx, who were on the starting lineup against the All Blacks in Johannesburg were added as replacements alongside Jaden Hendrikse and Kwagga Smith. 

Erasmus says the focus now is to beat New Zealand four times in a row which will be the first time since 1949. 

“It would be fantastic to achieve that as a team, but if you look far ahead, it comes back to bite you. 

The focus for us all week is to try to deliver the best possible performance we can against New Zealand and to correct the wrongs of last week. 

Like us they have a lot to play for, so we know it will be as intense and tight as it has ever been between us. 

It’s going to take another hard grind for the full 80 minutes,’’ said Erasmus. 

The coach also expressed relief to have Kolisi lead the team in this clash especially after concerns that he might miss it. 

“Similarly to the call we made with Eben last week, our team policy is that if a player trains on a Monday and gets through training during the week pain free, they can be selected for the weekend and Siya did just that,’’ explained Erasmus. 

Author

  • Tshegofatso Letsie
    Tshegofatso Letsie

    View all posts
New Zealand Rugby South Africa Springboks
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Tshegofatso Letsie

Related Posts

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

6 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

By newsnote correspondent6 minutes ago2

Gauteng police have launched a large-scale manhunt following the fatal shooting of two SAPS officers…

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.