Brazil will conclude their 2025 international calendar with two high-profile friendlies in Europe next month as part of their final preparations for the 2026 FIFA World Cup, the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) confirmed on Thursday.
The five-time world champions, under Italian manager Carlo Ancelotti, will face Senegal on November 15 at Emirates Stadium in London before taking on Tunisia three days later in Lille, France.
The CBF said the matches were scheduled to “provide the team with valuable experience against African opposition” as Ancelotti continues to shape Brazil’s tactical identity ahead of next year’s tournament in North America.
The fixtures follow Brazil’s October encounters against Asian sides, where they beat South Korea 5–0 but suffered a shock defeat to Japan, their first under Ancelotti.
With limited time to prepare since his arrival from Real Madrid in May, Ancelotti has prioritised exposing his squad to a range of playing styles. “We want to build a team capable of adapting to any kind of opponent,” he said recently, stressing that these tests are vital to developing tactical flexibility.
The CBF also confirmed that Brazil’s next round of friendlies in March 2026 will likely take place in the United States, featuring opponents from top European football nations.
According to CBF insiders, Brazil’s roadmap to the World Cup includes using the November friendlies to finalise tactical observations, solidifying the starting lineup by March, and hosting a farewell match at the Maracanã Stadium before departing for the tournament.
Both upcoming opponents promise strong tests: Senegal, featuring stars such as Sadio Mané, Nicolas Jackson, and Kalidou Koulibaly, famously stunned Brazil 4–2 in a 2023 friendly in Lisbon. Tunisia, meanwhile, are renowned for their defensive structure and became the second African team to qualify for the 2026 World Cup earlier this year.

