Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

8 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » City of Tshwane needs about R150 million to relocate flood victims
Africa

City of Tshwane needs about R150 million to relocate flood victims

Gomolemo MothomogoloBy Gomolemo Mothomogolo10 November 2022Updated:11 November 2022No Comments9 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Tshwane emergency services said multiple homes were flooded.
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The City of Tshwane said it will need about R150 million to relocate residents of Eerste Fabrieke and other informal settlements in and around Mamelodi that were affected by flooding in 2021 and again earlier this year.

However, the City has also confirmed that the Gauteng Government is committed to using a grant to acquire land earmarked for the relocation and the transaction is at “final stage”.

The City of Tshwane Human Settlement Department’s group head, Nonto Memela said during a community meeting in Mamelodi that the city will assist with funding for the relocation and for everything including the clearing of the site and the pegging by quantity surveyors.

Memela said there are about 650 households relocated to Mooiplaas so far in phase one of the relocation.

“We had a lot of meetings with community leaders to agree on the process. Phase one of the relocation was done after the City acquired two properties in Mooiplaas in 2020 and in total 650 households were relocated. 

“Those households if you recall, were located in the most vulnerable area as well as some from the old informal settlements to strike that balance, so that was completed,” she said.

Meanwhile a group of aggrieved residents met City of Tshwane officials and the acting MMC for Human Settlements, Andre le Roux to get an update on the relocation and also raising concerns about the rainy season.

Le Roux tried to abandon the meeting when angry residents demanded answers. But calm was restored and the meeting continued as planned at the municipal offices in Mamelodi on Wednesday.

Author

  • Gomolemo Mothomogolo
    Gomolemo Mothomogolo

    View all posts
Awareness Featured Government Politics
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Gomolemo Mothomogolo
  • Website

Related Posts

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

8 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

By newsnote correspondent8 minutes ago2

Gauteng police have launched a large-scale manhunt following the fatal shooting of two SAPS officers…

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.