Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

25 minutes ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

2 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

22 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » Kolisi to earn his 100th cap, as the Boks face France in Paris
Sport

Kolisi to earn his 100th cap, as the Boks face France in Paris

Larson ThebeBy Larson Thebe3 weeks agoNo Comments4 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Springbok captain Siya Kolisi will earn his 100th cap of his career when he leads the team out against France at the Stade de France on Saturday. 

This milestone sees the 34-year-old  Zwide-born captain become the ninth Springbok centurion and comes 12 years after he made his debut.

Kolisi is part of the squad that was announced by Bok coach Rassie Erasmus, who will also reach a milestone when he guides the team in his 50th Test as head coach. 

Both Kolisi and Erasmus have achieved remarkable accolades, after winning back-to-back Rugby World Cups, Castle Lager Rugby Championship titles, as well as the British & Irish Lions Series.

Erasmus, who is weary of the French revenge following their embarrassment in the quarterfinal defeat at the hands of the Springbok in 2023, praised Koli for this achievement and urged the team to be ready for Saturday’s massive showdown. 

“This is a huge milestone for Siya, and we are all delighted for him.

He is a level-headed player and although this will be a big occasion for him, and a match that we would like to make special for him, he is fully focused on the task at hand, so he won’t allow that to overshadow what he must do on the field.

This is a huge game, and the entire team knows how determined France will be to make up for the World Cup result, so we’ll celebrate Siya’s achievement after the match. 

That said, hopefully we can make it a memorable game for him,” said Erasmus. 

Erasmus made six changes to the side that defeated Japan 61-7 at Wembley Stadium last week, and selected Boan Venter to replace the injured Ox Nche, while Thomas du Toit, Eben Etzebeth, Pieter-Steph du Toit and Damian Willemse all return to the starting lineup.

“We always planned to make a few changes for this match, and we’ll continue to rotate the players throughout the tour, so we can give as many players as possible a chance while at the same time trying to achieve our objectives on the field.

This, however, is the team we feel is best suited to what we expect from France, and the way we would like to play this weekend. 

Many of them have also faced France in 2022 and 2023, so they know what to expect from the hosts and have also had a taste of what it is to play in front of their passionate home crowd,” said Erasmus. 

The coach said he’s aware that French would be seeking revenge for the 2023 quarterfinal match, which saw the Boks end their campaign in the quarterfinal stage. 

“France have a quality team all around, with good forwards and backs, and they are a side that plays for the full 80 minutes.

They will also have a fanatical home crowd behind them, which will inspire them immensely, so we are fully aware of the magnitude of this match, and we know what we have to do on the field.

The key for us is that we have to be accurate in everything we do, make the most of the chances we create, and to keep fighting from the first whistle until the hooter sounds because there is no doubt it’s going to be another epic battle between the teams,” cautioned Erasmus. 

Author

  • Larson Thebe
    Larson Thebe

    View all posts
Rugby South Africa
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Larson Thebe
  • Website

Related Posts

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

25 minutes ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

2 hours ago

South Africa crush Wales 73-0 in Cardiff bloodbath

22 hours ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

By Tshegofatso Letsie25 minutes ago2

As the country marks World Aids Day on 1 December, the North West provincial government…

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

2 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

22 hours ago

South Africa crush Wales 73-0 in Cardiff bloodbath

22 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.