Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

8 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » Netanyahu orders strikes on Gaza after accusing Hamas of ceasefire breach
World

Netanyahu orders strikes on Gaza after accusing Hamas of ceasefire breach

newsnote correspondentBy newsnote correspondent1 month agoNo Comments7 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Netanyahu orders new Gaza strikes after accusing Hamas of ceasefire breach.
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday instructed the military to launch what his office called “powerful strikes” on the Gaza Strip, accusing Hamas of violating a U.S.-brokered ceasefire agreement.

The order followed rising tensions over the return of Israeli hostage remains. Hamas announced it would delay a planned handover on Tuesday, alleging Israeli forces had committed “violations” that disrupted efforts to locate and retrieve bodies.

Hamas said Monday it had transferred what it believed to be the 16th of 28 hostage bodies agreed under the truce in place since October 10. But Israeli officials said forensic analysis revealed the remains were partial and had already been brought back to Israel nearly two years ago, identifying them as those of Ofir Tzarfati, killed after being abducted from the Nova music festival on October 7, 2023.

Netanyahu’s office condemned the move as a “clear violation of the agreement,” while a campaign group representing hostage families called for decisive action. Israeli government spokesperson Shosh Bedrosian accused Hamas of staging the recovery and said Israel was considering “consequences,” in coordination with the United States.

Hamas denied deliberately mishandling the return of remains and said continued Israeli bombardment over the course of the two-year conflict has complicated recovery operations.

Although all 20 living hostages covered under the ceasefire agreement have been freed, Hamas claims it is still searching for the remaining bodies. It also accuses Israel of undermining the truce, with Gaza’s health ministry reporting at least 94 deaths from Israeli fire since the pause began.

Residents in Gaza expressed fear the fragile halt in fighting is nearing collapse. “Now they accuse Hamas of stalling, and that is a pretext for renewed escalation and war,” said Abdul-Hayy al-Hajj Ahmed, 60.

Far-right Israeli National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir demanded a forceful response, saying, “It is time to break its legs once and for all.”

Hamas militants abducted 251 people during their October 7 attack, which killed 1,221 in Israel, according to official figures. Israel’s retaliatory campaign has killed more than 68,531 people in Gaza, according to the Hamas-run health ministry figures cited by the United Nations.

Tzarfati’s family said they had now been forced to rebury their son three times. “The circle supposedly ‘closed’ back in December 2023, but it never truly closes,” they said.

Author

  • newsnote correspondent

    View all posts
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
newsnote correspondent

Related Posts

Devastating floods grip Southeast Asia

3 days ago

Military seizes control in Guinea-Bissau, President arrested after election

4 days ago

EU-Africa Summit 2025: Leaders pledge stronger trade, critical minerals access and joint fight against irregular migration

5 days ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

By newsnote correspondent8 minutes ago2

Gauteng police have launched a large-scale manhunt following the fatal shooting of two SAPS officers…

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.