Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

21 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » Operation Dudula defies court ruling, calls for national referendum on immigration
News

Operation Dudula defies court ruling, calls for national referendum on immigration

Silver SibiyaBy Silver Sibiya3 weeks agoNo Comments6 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Anti-migrant group, Operation Dudula has vowed to appeal the recent Johannesburg High Court ruling that ordered the group to stop harassing foreign nationals saying the judgment “sets a dangerous precedent” and undermines South Africa’s ability to enforce immigration laws.Speaking at media briefing on Thursday in Johannesburg, Operation Dudula president Zandile Dabula said while the movement respects the judiciary, it is deeply concerned about the wider impact of the court’s decision on law enforcement and national security.“The judgement encourages anarchy and chaos, putting South Africa’s stability at risk,” she said.The controversial civic group, known for its anti-illegal immigration campaigns, accused the state of failing to enforce the Immigration Act, labour laws, and municipal by-laws against undocumented migrants.Operation Dudula said it had submitted more than 100 memorandums to government departments including Home Affairs, SAPS and the Department of Labour calling for tougher enforcement, but claimed its efforts had been ignored.Dabula said illegal immigration continued to strain public resources and social services meant for poor South Africans, warning that this undermines social cohesion.“Poor enforcement of immigration laws is tantamount to sacrificing the majority of voiceless South Africans who are forced to share limited services with illegal migrants,” the statement read.In a bold move, the movement is now calling for a national referendum to allow South Africans to decide how immigration laws should be applied and enforced.“South Africa belongs to all who live in it but this phrase must not be abused to justify illegality,” Dabula added.Operation Dudula has instructed its legal team to appeal the High Court’s judgment, saying it will continue to hold the state accountable while urging members to remain calm and respect the law pending the appeal.

Author

  • Silver Sibiya
    Silver Sibiya

    View all posts
Awareness Crime Featured Government Politics South Africa Top News
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Silver Sibiya
  • Website

Related Posts

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

21 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

By newsnote correspondent21 minutes ago2

Gauteng police have launched a large-scale manhunt following the fatal shooting of two SAPS officers…

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.