Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

35 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » Pretoria Hotel rape victim’s mother calls for life sentence for the perpetrator
News

Pretoria Hotel rape victim’s mother calls for life sentence for the perpetrator

Gomolemo MothomogoloBy Gomolemo Mothomogolo6 December 2022No Comments5 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The mother of an 11-year-old girl who was raped at a Pretoria Hotel wants convicted rapist, Amos Khumalo to get a life sentence for the crime. 

The Pretoria Magistrate court is expected to hand down judgment on Tuesday on the case against the repeat offender and convicted rapist, Khumalo,  initially charged with two counts of rape and kidnapping. 

Khumalo lured two minors aged aged 11 and 13 from Lotus Garden to a Pretoria Hotel where it is alleged he raped them in November 2020. However, he was convicted of the rape of one child only.

“I want the court to put that man in jail for life. He shouldn’t even get parole. He has hurt me to my soul. I want him to get a life sentence and he must’nt get parole because I believe that he is a danger to society and he will rape again if released,” said the 11-year-old victim’s mother. 

“I can’t wait for this matter to be concluded and for the judgment to be handed down because it has been texting emotionally. It is also very stressful to the child because I constantly have to explain to her that I am going to court,” she added. 

Last week, the court heard mitigation of sentence against the 47-year-old when the State prosecutor, Dru Ramsamy asked for the harshest sentence for Khumalo. 

While his Defense lawyer Anton Rudman argued that his client showed remorse when he pleaded guilty to the charges saying “he saved the victim secondary trauma of coming to court” and “he didn’t want them to suffer any further”. 

Rudman told court that under the circumstances “15 years sentence might be too lenient” however life imprisonment is too harsh a sentence for his client and a life sentence “disproportionate” with the evidence before the court.

State prosecutor, Dru Ramsamy called for the harshest sentence against Khumalo because he is a repeat offender arguing that putting the man back on our streets, who has shown no remorse would endanger society.

Author

  • Gomolemo Mothomogolo
    Gomolemo Mothomogolo

    View all posts
Crime Featured Top News
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Gomolemo Mothomogolo
  • Website

Related Posts

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

35 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

By newsnote correspondent35 minutes ago3

Gauteng police have launched a large-scale manhunt following the fatal shooting of two SAPS officers…

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.