Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

36 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » The Blitzboks eager to bring back glory days
Sport

The Blitzboks eager to bring back glory days

Larson ThebeBy Larson Thebe10 months agoUpdated:10 months agoNo Comments6 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Springbok Sevens team said it is ready to bring the glory days back again when they kick-off HSBC SVNS Perth at HBF Park in Australia from 24-26 January. 

The team is set to be in a positive mindset and determined to raise the bar they set in South Africa last month, when they won the HSBC SVNS Cape Town.

One of those eager to make his mark, is the former SA Schools and Junior Springbok representative, David Brits.

The 27-year-old is part of the team that participated at last year’s tournament and returns to Perth with the aim for glory and to improve on the team’s fifth-place finish.

“It’s exciting indeed, we had a good performance in our last tournament by winning in Cape Town and although we put that behind us, we now know what can be done if we apply ourselves properly.

Perth is a great venue, it is a fast and hard field, it is quite hot out here and the support for us is good. 

We are used to training in the heat back home, so that is no problem, while we prefer a fast game as well, so it all adds up for us,” said Brits.

The team also features experienced players like Ryan Oosthuizen, Siviwe Soyizwapi, Zain Davids, while Impi Visser and Selvyn Davids. 

Meanwhile, coach Philip Snyman, said the team is a blend of experienced and new players. 

“I have stated at the start of the season that I am hoping to widen the player base and add experience to the group.

So, changes were always part of the plan, despite the great showing in Cape Town.

Some guys would have missed out anyway because of injuries, but we still have the starting team from Cape Town and that core should provide some momentum,” explained Snyman. 

The Blitzboks will start their campaign on Friday morning against the USA at 08h23 (SA time), and their second Pool A match, against Australia, at 13h52 (SA time), will conclude the first day’s play at HBF Park. 

They play Argentina at 07h50 (SA time) on Saturday, with the knock-out rounds starting in the afternoon.

The Blitzboks are currently fourth on the world series log after the opening two tournaments in Dubai and Cape Town.

Author

  • Larson Thebe
    Larson Thebe

    View all posts
Rugby South Africa
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Larson Thebe
  • Website

Related Posts

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

36 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

By newsnote correspondent36 minutes ago3

Gauteng police have launched a large-scale manhunt following the fatal shooting of two SAPS officers…

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.