Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

8 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » The State Security Agency says ISIS and other terror threats are on its radar
News

The State Security Agency says ISIS and other terror threats are on its radar

Gomolemo MothomogoloBy Gomolemo Mothomogolo13 November 2022Updated:13 November 2022No Comments15 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Vincent Magwenya said the South African enforcement authorities are 'on top' of possible terrorist threats in the country. Graphic: Mallory Munien
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The South African Security Agency has assured the country that it is on top of its game when it comes to terrorist threats even on the alleged presence of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) members in the country.

This assurance came from The Presidency during a media briefing in Tshwane on Sunday. The briefing was held in the light of recent US Department of Treasury’s sanction on alleged members of ISIS in South Africa accusing them of  “having provided technical, financial, or material support to the terrorist group (ISIS)”.

The South African government has acknowledged that the security cluster is aware of the information provided by the US which last month issued an alert to its citizens on a possible terrorist attack in Sandton.

At the time the South African government criticised the United States embassy for creating unnecessary anxiety and panic in the manner in which it communicated this information. The President’s spokesperson, Vincent Magwenya said the South African enforcement authorities are monitoring possible terrorist threats in the country.

“It remains the responsibility of the South African security forces to ensure that all people within our country are safe. Law enforcement agencies always monitor the threats to our citizens, our nation and sovereignty.

“The South African and the United State law enforcement agencies will continue in the normal course of their work to exchange critical information whenever necessary within the context of bilateral relationship between the two countries and ongoing issues on security matters,” said Magwenya.

“Furthermore, on that particular announcement on those individuals, there was nothing necessarily new from the South African law enforcement agencies point of view. So there was no new information that our law enforcement agencies didn’t  have. They are on top of that situation,” said Magwenya.

Author

  • Gomolemo Mothomogolo
    Gomolemo Mothomogolo

    View all posts
Awareness Featured Government Politics
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Gomolemo Mothomogolo
  • Website

Related Posts

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

8 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Comments are closed.

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

By newsnote correspondent8 minutes ago2

Gauteng police have launched a large-scale manhunt following the fatal shooting of two SAPS officers…

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.