Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

7 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » ‘They killed him and put the body on my bakkie’
News

‘They killed him and put the body on my bakkie’

Kgaogelo MagolegoBy Kgaogelo Magolego2 weeks agoNo Comments10 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Witnesses at the Madlanga Commission detail alleged torture, killings and abductions linked to suspended EMPD deputy chief Julius Mkhwanazi. Picture: Kgaogelo Magolego
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

Chilling testimony details torture, killings and abduction linked to suspended EMPD deputy chief

New allegations of brutality and criminality within the Ekurhuleni Metro Police Department (EMPD) have emerged at the Madlanga Commission of Inquiry, where two witnesses have linked suspended deputy chief Brigadier Julius Mkhwanazi to extrajudicial killings, torture, and intimidation.

On Friday, a witness identified only as Witness D gave harrowing testimony describing how EMPD officers — including women — allegedly tortured a robbery suspect to death before calling Mkhwanazi and a senior SAPS officer, General Khan, to the scene. His account corroborates earlier testimony from former EMPD divisional commissioner Revo Spies, who claimed officers under Mkhwanazi killed a suspect and forced a civilian to dump the body.

According to Witness D, the suspect was suffocated with a plastic and tube while officers attempted to extract information.
“He said he had R500,000 and begged us not to harm him,” the witness testified. “I asked if the suspect talked, and an officer replied he would ‘never ever talk again’.”

He told the commission that upon arriving, Mkhwanazi instructed that the body be dumped in a mine shaft or dam, and ordered that it be transported in the witness’s bakkie to avoid suspicion.
“I was outnumbered… it was clear I was expected to dispose of the body,” he said, adding that he feared for his life.

Commissioners pressed him on his role in the killing. He maintained that he did not participate in the torture but could not refuse the order to dump the body.

Earlier, EMPD spokesperson and head of media, Lieutenant-Colonel Kelebogile Thepa, testified about her own alleged ordeal at the hands of Mkhwanazi’s associates. She recounted being abducted by armed men who forced her neighbour into the back seat and attempted to access her phone before abandoning her when she had a seizure.

Upon returning to work, she was alarmed to learn that a female colleague linked to Mkhwanazi had been urgently seeking her — convincing her that he orchestrated the attack.

The commission continues to hear evidence of a so-called “Special Force” allegedly established by Mkhwanazi, which witnesses say operated outside the law and enjoyed political protection within the Ekurhuleni municipality.

Author

  • Kgaogelo Magolego

    View all posts
Awareness Crime Featured Politics South Africa Top News
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Kgaogelo Magolego

Related Posts

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

7 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

By newsnote correspondent7 minutes ago2

Gauteng police have launched a large-scale manhunt following the fatal shooting of two SAPS officers…

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

1 hour ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

3 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.