Controversial North West  businessman Brown Mogotsi has yet to show up at the Vosloorus Police Station to open a case following what he claimed was an attempted shooting last night prompting suspicion that the incident may have been staged.

Residents of Vosloorus Extension 25 near the N3 reported hearing gunshots around 10 p.m. on Monday. When they arrived at the scene, they found a Chevrolet with broken windows and open doors but no blood, no injuries, and no sign of a struggle.

“There is no one hurt or any blood stains in the car,” said one witness. “Even the man dropped off by City Golf, who we were told was Brown Mogotsi, wasn’t injured.”

Another witness described seeing the man allegedly identified as Mogotsi exit his car and fire shots at his own vehicle while on a phone call. “At the time, we didn’t even know it was him. We only recognized him when he introduced himself,” the witness said.

SAPS spokesperson Brigadier Athlenda Mathe confirmed the case is being treated as an attempted murder investigation, with forensic, ballistic, and criminal experts involved.

Mathe added that police expected Mogotsi to open a formal case at 8 a.m, but as of 1 p.m., he had still not arrived.

“We need Mr. Mogotsi’s statement to help us ascertain what really happened,” Mathe said.

Addressing speculation that the incident may have been staged, Mathe warned such claims could “defeat the ends of justice”, emphasising that top investigators had been deployed to examine the scene.

This is a developing story.

Author

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version