Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

35 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » Young Communist League disappointed by the Concourt’s decision to release Janusz Walus, who hasn’t shown any remorse 
News

Young Communist League disappointed by the Concourt’s decision to release Janusz Walus, who hasn’t shown any remorse 

Dimakatso GenkoeBy Dimakatso Genkoe8 December 2022No Comments11 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
The office of the justice minister confirmed Janusz Walus will be released on parole.
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

“We still want to know who sent Janusz Walus to kill our leader Chris Hani”, this is the question from Young Communist League of South Africa (YCLSA) who were reacting to the release of Hani’s killer Yanusz Walus on parole on Wednesday. 

The YCLSA National Secretary Tinyiko Ntini says they are not shocked by the recent development, but they are still disappointed by the Constitutional Court’s decision to release the man who hasn’t shown any remorse. 

“The big issue is that he regrets killing Hani, but not a communist, in essence, communists are an endangered species in the society,” Said Ntini. 

In 2020 Correctional Services Minister Ronald Lamola refused to release Walus on parole, a decision that was set aside by the Constitutional Court on 21 November which ordered that Lamola make arrangements to release him in 10 days. 

Walus was then released from the hospital after receiving treatment following a stabbing incident last week, according to a statement from the Justice and Correctional Services Department. 

“He will serve two years under community corrections in line with the parole regime upon which he is released,” said a statement from the Department of Correctional Services.

Ntini said the decision to free a man who took the life of an anti-apartheid leader has caused a pain that will never heal. 

“The Constitutional Court has opened the wounds trying to heal, and not only to the Hani family alone but to the world. Remember Hani was an internationalist by his character,“ Ntini said while also condemning the vandalism of Hani’s memorial site at the Thomas Nkobi Cemetery in Boksburg. 

.

On Monday, 28 November, Ekurhuleni Metro Municipal officials found a portion of the memorial site damaged when they were reporting for duty. 

Ntini says this is a sign that the ideas of the right-wing never change and they’re still following Hani to his grave.

According to Chrispin Phiri from the Justice and Correctional Services Department “There is no question that offender Walus is a polarising figure in our budding Constitutional democracy, and that his release has understandably reopened wounds among some in society, especially the family of the late struggle icon Chris Hani,” said the spokesperson in a statement.

“Walus’ actions sought to derail the democratic project at its most critical stage. He will serve two years under community corrections in line with the parole regime upon which he is released.”

Author

  • Dimakatso Genkoe

    View all posts
Crime Featured Top News
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Dimakatso Genkoe

Related Posts

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

35 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

By newsnote correspondent35 minutes ago3

Gauteng police have launched a large-scale manhunt following the fatal shooting of two SAPS officers…

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.