Bafana Bafana coach Hugo Broos has announced a 32-member preliminary squad ahead of the 2026 FIFA World Cup, with the selection heavily dominated by players from Orlando Pirates and Mamelodi Sundowns. The announcement comes as both clubs remain locked in the race for the 2025/26 Betway Premiership title. Orlando Pirates need a victory against Orbit College FC on Saturday to secure the championship, while a draw or defeat would see Mamelodi Sundowns retain the league crown. Sundowns are also chasing…
Football legend Cristiano Ronaldo once again proved why he is regarded as one of the…
Editor's Choice
The North West Provincial Initiation Coordinating Committee (PICC) has welcomed the 2026 Initiation School Registration. The registration ran from the 2nd of February to the 10th of April, with compliance permits expected to be issued on the 12th of May before the schools commence on the 15th of May.PICC Deputy Chairperson, Andries Stemmer, says they used the registration period to conduct oversight visits at the schools.“We were able to uncover new challenges that were raised by the school principals. This…
The Madlanga Commission of Inquiry has questioned Warrant Officer Marumo Magane, Commander of the Crime Information Management and Analysis Centre (CIMAC) at Zonkizizwe Police Station in Gauteng, regarding his involvement in the 2021 Aeroton drug bust in Johannesburg. Magane was among the first police officers to arrive at Yellow Jersey Logistics in Roodekop, Ekurhuleni, where a truck allegedly carrying a 715kg cocaine consignment was discovered. During his testimony, Magane told the Commission that part of his duties included interviewing suspects…
ActionSA says it will file criminal charges against President Cyril Ramaphosa over allegations linked to the controversial Phala Phala farm scandal, arguing that the president must now be held accountable. The party claims Ramaphosa allegedly misrepresented the amount of money stolen during the 2020 burglary at his Limpopo game farm. Recent media reports have suggested that the amount taken may have been R15 million, rather than the R10 million previously disclosed publicly. ActionSA says it intends charging the president under…
Subscribe to Updates
Get the latest news

