Close Menu
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Subscribe For All The Latest Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote about Politics ,Sports and business.

Recent Stories

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

36 minutes ago

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
X (Twitter) Instagram Steam
newsnotenewsnote
☎ 080 000 1188 (Toll Free)  
Subscribe
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle
newsnotenewsnote
Home » 27 years after his death, Tupac’s killer faces ‘imminent’ arrest, Las Vegas police report
America

27 years after his death, Tupac’s killer faces ‘imminent’ arrest, Las Vegas police report

Tshegofatso LetsieBy Tshegofatso Letsie19 August 2023Updated:20 August 2023No Comments36 Views
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Tupac Shakur photographed at the Paris Theater in New York City. Source: Ron Galella/WireImage
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The mystery surrounding the killing of popular rapper Tupac Shakur 27 years ago is about to be unraveled as a team of Las Vegas detectives have said they have a strong case against Duane Keith Davis known as Keefe D.

Keefe D. is a gang member of the South Side Compton Crips and according to various reports the Last Vegas district attorney’s office is ready to present their case to a grand jury ‘imminently’, implicating him, the police said.

Tupac was fatally shot in 1996 at the age of 25 in what was alleged to be gang-related hit but no arrests have ever been made for his murder. 

The case was brought back into the spotlight in July when Las Vegas police confirmed they had reopened investigations into Tupac’s murder, with a search conducted nearby the City of Henderson in Nevada. 

It is reported that a grand jury will decide in the next month whether the evidence is strong enough to prosecute Keefe D, a 60-year-old gangster, who had previously admitted his involvement in the rapper’s murder. He is alleged to have made confessions in multiple interviews including in his memoir, Compton Street Legend.  

‘’Tupac chose the wrong game to play and the wrong niggas to play with. Suge and them should have done a better job of protecting that dude. He shouldn’t have ever gotten involved in that bullshit of trying to be a thug’’, he is quoted as saying.  

In an A&E’s documentary Who Killed Tupac? Keefe D is said to have explained how he and his associates pulled up in a white Cadillac alongside the black BMW that Shakur and Death Row Records founder, Marion ‘Suge’ Knight were in, while it stopped at a red light and one person opened fire piercing the passenger side of the car with bullets. 

Sitting on that side, the rap icon was shot four times, twice in the chest, one bullet in the arm and one in the thigh. He succumbed to his wounds 6 days after the shooting. 

September 7 marks the 27th anniversary of Tupac’s death.

Should a grand jury decide the evidence handed over to prosecute Keefe is conclusive, the court will proceed with the case.   

Author

  • Tshegofatso Letsie
    Tshegofatso Letsie

    View all posts
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email
Tshegofatso Letsie

Related Posts

Luxury fashion on display: Corruption accused Vusimuzi ‘Cat’ Matlala sparks social media debate during parliamentary hearing

3 days ago

Chymamusique overwhelmed with gratitude as DJ Shimza covers full recovery costs in powerful display of Ubuntu

4 days ago

AKA Murder Case: Extradited Ndimande Brothers Back in Durban Court Today – Bail Decision Looms

6 days ago
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Demo
Top Posts

G20 Summit security measures trigger major Gauteng traffic disruptions as City denies vendor evictions

1 month ago5,928

G20 Summit Day 2: Major road closures and heavy traffic expected across Johannesburg

1 week ago1,242

Minister’s chief of staff Cedric Nkabinde to testify

2 weeks ago1,209

Brown Mogotsi’s alleged shooting raises eyebrows in Vosloorus

4 weeks ago1,202
Don't Miss
News

Gauteng Police launch manhunt after two officers killed in Ivory Park

By newsnote correspondent36 minutes ago3

Gauteng police have launched a large-scale manhunt following the fatal shooting of two SAPS officers…

NW Premier calls for urgent action to protect young girls from HIV/AIDS

2 hours ago

Usindiso fire survivors to sue City of Johannesburg for negligence

4 hours ago

Soweto Marathon horror: Drunk taxi driver arrested after hitting female runner

23 hours ago
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo
  • Soundcloud
  • WhatsApp

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest news from Newsnote

Demo
South African Press Council
© 2025 Newsnote
  • News
  • World
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • America
    • Middle East
  • Politics
  • Opinion
  • Sport
  • Business
  • Lifestyle

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.